We value privacy
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This policy is designed to describe the personal information we collect, how we protect it and what we do with it.
From time to time, we may need to change this policy. If we do so, we will post the updated version on the Crunchr app and the website and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
Types of information we collect and process
- Crunchr app may collect and process the following information.
- User account information (email, user name, transaction history, personal name, password, age, address, date of birth, photo.)
- Receipt information (business name, date, description of goods and service acquired, amounts Total and GST, notes as added by user, and receipt images)
- App usage information (crash, error & usage logs, session duration, device software version, device model)
- Personal information about visitors to, or users of, our site or app is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted by the visitor or user. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
- Your data and information may be transferred out of Australia or to a third party service as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganisation or other change of control, or to a provider for data analysis (including consumer targeting, product positioning, market research, consumption trends analysis), process, or storage to improve our system performance and our services.
- CRUNCHR uses Open Ai in order to improve the accuracy of our data extraction from OCR. When a user of Crunchr scans a receipt from picture, PDF or email the app will use OCR to read the data. The data is then verified for accuracy using open AI and then it is presented on the Apps data screen for the user to verify and correct prior to saving.
- We may de-identify your personal information or aggregate it in such a way that it cannot be used to identify any individual. We may disclose de-identified information to several entities, including:
- advertisers and other third-parties for their commercial, marketing, research and promotional purposes;
- organisations approved by us that conduct research into consumer spending; and
- other users of CRUNCHR for the purpose of comparing their personal financial situation against that of the broader community.
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
- Registration is mandatory. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, and telephone numbers.
- You may access or update this information at any time by logging in and going to your user profile.
- You acknowledge and warrant that any data or information, which you provided to us, is provided with the owner’s authorisation, or belongs to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may contact you at any time (even after the termination of your subscription) via the App, your email, or any other means regarding, but not limited to, notifications, alerts, system or service updates, security, payment issues, newsletter, marketing or advertisement, etc.
- You can delete your account at any time. You’ll lose all the data and content in that account, including invoices and photos. If you change your mind, you will not be able to recover it.
- You can pause your account; your account will be locked. We will provide no service to you. No other user can access your account or create a profile with the same user id.
Credit Card Details
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We will not decline any legal request issued by any governmental institutions or organisations to access your information, data, images, and / or files.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, and information can be lost.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised, authorised or any access to your personal information.
- You acknowledge that when you leave your phone unlocked, any one may have access to all your data and information, including disclosing, adding, deleting, or modifying any of your data and information through the phone.
- It is your responsibility to keep your account and data secured, such as locking your phone, logging out of your account after you have finished using the App, especially when you are using Crunch app on a public network, or computer, and not disclosing your password to another third party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
- You must report to us any misuse, security breach or compromise of your Crunchr App account as soon as you become aware of any such misuse or compromise.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers or system may gather your IP address, device id and MAC address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services.
- Cookies, Token, Applets and other method
We may collect new or different types of information directly or indirect from you from time to time. This may include the use of log file, clear gif, device identification information such as, but not limited to, mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, software versions, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. We may at any time introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you must contact us immediately to have the information corrected.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our app or web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
- We endeavour to comply with the GDPR, wherever possible. You have the additional right to be forgotten to our system. Please note that we are not responsible for any form of data loss or information loss when this right has been invoked by you.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.